Avatar

Friday, June 18, 2010

Tool #9: Using Jing and Skype

I've used Skype many times before to talk to relatives in distant countries, but I have never heard of Jing. It turns out that with this program, I am able to create a video on actions I take in a computer and replay it! This is great in order to show how to carry out something on the computer. Jing could help my kids learn about computer processes in an easier way.
As I said before, I've used Skype to contact relatives in other countries, so I think that it would be a great idea to establish contact with another group of pre-K students in another district or even country. We could learn about their lifestyle, and how different but similar they are to us! It would be a great learning opportunity.

Describing how great Skype is really involves just mentioning that you are able to have real-time communication with someone while actually seeing them on your computer screen. It's like having a conversation with the person--as if they were right in front of you!

I know that in the next schoolyear, I'll put these tools into use!

No comments:

Post a Comment