Avatar

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tool #6: Wikis

I learned about wikis today. At first, when I saw the title of this tool, I thought I had absolutely no idea what wikis were, and that I hadn't ever used one. I was wrong on both counts. I use Wikipedia daily to access information, and (this is pretty obvious from its name) it is a wiki! :-)
Wikis are great for students--they can share ideas, information, stories...basically anything. And of course, peer to peer learning and sharing promotes active learning overall! Viewing the sample wikis on the 11 tools page sidebar, I definitely accumulated some ideas for my students next year--I am definitely considering creating a project involving daily word reflections and wikis!
For my school team or department, wikis are going to turn out to be so useful in sharing important classroom information, like necessities for a field trip or activities for the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment