Avatar

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tool #2: Commenting

I am amazed at the opportunities offered by building an online educational community through blogging. Students and teachers can interact with each other through such an educational environment, and I as an educator can learn more to teach my students through participation in a PLN.
From the commenting advice offered by the Cool Cat Teacher's blog post, the point that stood out to me was that by commenting on a post, you cast a vote on the importance of a topic. Therefore, by writing a meaningful comment, you are able to voice your opinion about what is written, and share your perspective while learning the perspective of others. This feeds into the idea of a PLN.
To make comments, I selected the following five blogs: Weblogg-ed, English With Rosa Classroom Blog, TeachPaperless, American Presidents, Mrs. Yollis' 3rd Grade Classroom Blog.
I hope that I gave good comments! It was definitely interesting exploring the blog world :) I read posts that I definitely learned from!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Cira,

    Congratulations on starting a blog! I have learned so much through the process of maintaining one.

    Thanks for visiting our classroom blog and for leaving a comment. We are out of school until September, but might publish a few posts over the summer.

    Welcome to blogging!

    Mrs. Yollis
    California

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cira,

    I noticed that my comment was published right away. I think it is a good idea to turn on the comment moderation. That way you can read comments before they are published on your blog. I like that feature and thought I'd mention it.

    :-)
    Mrs. Yollis

    ReplyDelete