Avatar

Friday, June 18, 2010

After Tools Reflections!

Here is my final "tools" blog post! It has been a great learning experience for me these past few days to acquire all of these useful 21st century tools. I am eager to put them into use and to share my knowledge with others!
My favorite tool of all has to be the iPhone, now that I found the 50 free educational apps website. The apps like Alphabet Tracing and Number Sense would be so useful to my classroom! The kids would be able to learn to write their letters in a fun interactive (non-messy) way, and they would be able to learn to count through entertaining but educational games. If I get an iPod Touch or iPhone, I would connect it to the classroom projector, and definitely put these apps into use.
Learning about all these tools has also helped me transform my thinking about the learning that will take place in my classroom. I realize that our world is so...digital now. It really is necessary to keep up, or else I'll be left in the dust! I found that technology can really promote education in so many ways.
There were many unexpected outcomes in this program that surprised me, including finding out that a product such as an iPod touch could be connected to a classroom projector. That still amazes me!!! I was also surprised to have learned so so much. I definitely expected to learn, as my technology knowledge was very limited before I started this tool program, but not to the extent that I did.
I really appreciate this program!!!!

Now, on to the assessment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment