Avatar

Friday, June 18, 2010

Tool #10: Exploring Apps

Using a classroom projector, the iPod Touch can become a portal to various educational programs. I just found that out today! Who know that such a little device could be used in the classroom effectively?
The only Apple device that I own is an iPod...and this is the first generation, first ever iPod mini. So basically, it's from the Stone Age hahaha. My daughter has the newest iPod nano, but I have no idea how to work it. So my knowledge of Apple products is very limited.
I read today about various free education apps for the iPhone and the iPod Touch, and found out that they had something called "Alphabet Tracing." In the schoolyear, I created a LOT of worksheets about forming letters, which worked, but having an app such as this one that I found would be so much easier!! It's basically perfect for the pre-K classroom, where learning to write the alphabet is essential.
Another great free app that I found was "Number Sense," which teaches kids to count through fun and interactive games. Using this would be a great class activity, as another pre-K essential is learning to count!

No comments:

Post a Comment